How to care for your Saqua Studio pieces responsibly?
According to Fashion Revolution 25% of the carbon footprint of a garment comes from the way we care for it after buying it!
Choosing high quality, sustainably made clothing is the first step, but learning how to care for your garments is essential too. Loved clothes last if you treat them right - the power is in your hands!
Our ECONYL® regenerated nylon fabric is a great way to recycle existing plastics, but it doesn’t stop micro plastics going down the drain every time you do laundry - this happens with all synthetic fabrics, virgin or recycled. One great solution is to use a Guppyfriend laundry bag for your laundry.
Here are some laundry tips for your Saqua Studio intimates:
• Don’t over wash. After swimming, rinsing your pieces thoroughly is enough.
• Hand wash with a mild detergent in cold water, with similar colors. This is the best solution for Saqua pieces.
• If you choose to use a washing machine, make sure to do a delicate/hand wash cycle using cold water or 30 and very low to no spin.
• Avoid wringing / twisting your pieces too roughly. They just want your love!
• Dry flat or hang them to dry, preferably away from direct sunlight.
Remember that a lot of our inherited laundry habits are outdated. The fabrics most of our clothes are made with today are not the same as 30 years ago, so be open to re-learning how to take care of them!